Veterinary Technician- Prior experience with animal care a must, but this position does not require a certification.
1. Track the vaccinations and heartworm/flea preventative. And make sure all dogs are up to date on them. As well as entering all tracked records into the PetPoint data management system.
2. Ability to calculate drug dosages & properly draw up/fill/log medication as well as making sure medical board/PetPoint is accurate and up to date.
3. Coordinate all vet services and fill out vet authorization forms for every dog that needs medical attention and coordinate travel to/from vet.
4. Making sure that all dogs are vaccinated and microchipped within 72 hours of when they come into our rescue. Making sure dogs get heartworm tested and if we can’t administer them ourselves, then making sure they get to vet to have the test done.
5. Inventory Control. Keeps track of all medical supplies and coordinate with the director when supplies are needed. This includes medicine, preventative, and microchips.
6. Checks on medical concerns for dogs that are in our care. Communicates with potential adopters about any medical conditions or concerns as well as following up with dogs that have been fostered/adopted out with medical issues.
7. Send out fecal’s collected from dogs to IDEXX.
8. Availability to communicate even when not at the center about medical issues.
9. The ability to be detail oriented and make good decisions, respond quickly and calmly as well as maintain a high standard of care to our dogs.